Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) at Ridgeway Academy provides a Stable careers programme of activities to develop the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decision about careers pathways. CEIAG at Ridgeway Academy is delivered within PSHE, by tutors and is integrated in the whole school curriculum. Ridgeway Academy’s career programme includes work Experience, Work Related Learning and Enterprise. The school is committed to providing a comprehensive programme that meets these requirements and also meets the Gatsby Benchmarks.
Work Related Learning, Careers Education and Information Advice and Guidance at Ridgeway Academy
At all Key Stages you can expect …
- access to a planned programme relevant to your year group
- access to a qualified impartial and independent careers adviser
- help to recognise your likes, dislikes, influences, strengths and preferences in relation to career decisions
- help to develop your personal story of progress and success
- information about the world of work and how the labour market is changing
- information about further and higher education, training and apprenticeships and employment routes
- to be well prepared for different transitions
- to take part in activities which challenge stereotyping and raise your aspirations
- to develop skills and qualities to improve your employability
- to develop enterprise skills
- help to develop your personal network of support and to be well prepared for different transitions
- help to develop personal budgeting skills and knowledge of financial aspects to career decisions
- to develop and strengthen your personal presentation skills for selection processes
- sign posting to relevant up-to-date and impartial sources of careers information and advice
- an individual appointment with a qualified, independent, impartial careers advisor at any time in your school
Impartial Careers information, advice and guidance at Ridgeway Academy School is provided by Youth Connexions Hertfordshire.
Youth Connexions has qualified practitioners who work in partnership with the schools and colleges to ensure that students have access to the full range of career choices and opportunities open to them. Part of Hertfordshire County Council, Youth Connexions holds the nationally recognised matrix quality certification.
Young people will be offered the opportunity to meet with a Youth Connexions Personal Adviser in school at certain points in their school career. At other times they may wish to seek information from the Youth Connexions website below.
The Personal Adviser in School is Emma Fuller and she is based in the Careers room in M Block on Thursdays and has a ‘Drop in’ at lunch time. Please contact Mrs S. Merrigan (Careers Coordinator) if you wish to schedule an appointment.
More information about Youth Connexions and its services can be found at www.youthconnexions-hertfordshire.org