'Everybody can achieve'
‘Because the school believes in us, we believe in ourselves’
‘The support I received from my teachers was unbelievable’
‘All of our teachers are kind, generous and strict’
'We are a small school but with a big heart’
Message From The Headteacher
I am delighted to welcome you to Ridgeway Academy. We are committed to providing an excellent education equipping your child to achieve their best academically, grow personally, and prepare for a successful future. We work hard at Ridgeway Academy and our expectation is that everyone endeavours to do their best in all that they do.
The very highest standards of conduct, respect, effort and personal attainment are our goal for all members of our school. We are a caring and well-disciplined school and our key aim is to ensure that all students realise their potential. We are a happy school, with an energetic and talented staff committed to the achievement of our young people. Everyone has a part to play at Ridgeway Academy and everyone is listened to. Team work is precious, but so too are initiative and originality. We encourage positive attitudes and a ‘can-do’ culture. We provide a secure, safe environment in which all our young people feel valued, where they can develop the skills, attributes and confidence which will serve them well throughout their life.
Welcome to Ridgeway Academy
Our vision is that ‘Everybody can Achieve’ because we:
Have Respect for:
- learning and achievement;
- each other, valuing different views, beliefs and cultures;
- our community, supporting activities and presenting a positive image of the school;
- the environment, keeping it clean and tidy and fit for learning;
- the school rules and regulations.
Take Responsibility for:
- making significant progress and being a successful learner;
- setting high standards of behaviour, conduct, appearance and attitude;
- being effective independent learners and leaders, taking initiative and supporting others;
- meeting the challenges of the future and being confident in all that we do;
- making a positive contribution to society.
Develop Relationships which:
- are strong between each other, in and out of school;
- allow us to lead safe and healthy lives and look after the well-being of each other;
- help us think creatively and rationally and be enthusiastic about learning;
- help us know and value other people.
We will develop every student’s capacity to learn so that they become increasingly independent as they progress through the school. The strength of positive relationships between students and staff allows everyone to achieve in their learning.
Nothing from 3rd June 2020 to 10th June 2020.